10 Reasons to Love Vinegar
There are some products you just can’t live without. For us, that’s vinegar. We use it in the kitchen, garden, car, bathroom, laundry room, and the list goes on! There are so many reasons to love vinegar. It’s affordable, effective, and…
1. Can freshen (pretty much) anything. Make your own earth-friendly air and fabric freshener by adding a 1/2 teaspoon white distilled vinegar to a 4-ounce spray bottle, then fill with distilled water and a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
2. Helps brighten fabrics (and keep them bright). Soak new garments in a few cups of undiluted white distilled vinegar for 10-15 minutes before their first washing to reduce color running.
3. Keeps car windows frost-free overnight in winter. Coat them with a solution of 3 parts white distilled vinegar to 1 part water the night before or spray on a frosted windshield in the morning for a faster defrost.
4. Preserves cut flowers. Nourish your fresh bouquet and liven a droopy one by adding 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar to a quart of water in a vase.
5. Helps keep hands clean. Make your own hand gel by combining apple cider vinegar with Aloe vera gel at a 2-to-1 ratio. Pour in a spray bottle and use to your heart’s content.
6. Is a baking substitute. Forgot buttermilk? Make your own with white distilled vinegar and lemon juice. White distilled vinegar can also be used in place of cream of tartar and lemon juice.
7. Boosts your post-workout water. Just 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar added to your post-workout water bottle may help fight lactic acid.
8. Removes product build up from your hair. Mix two tablespoons apple cider vinegar with one cup water, and use to douse your hair after washing. Rinse thoroughly, and follow with a light conditioner.
9. Shows your washer some love. Smelly washing machine? Clean the gasket with baking soda and white distilled vinegar to get rid of the odor.
10. A budget-friendly solution for non-organic produce. When organic produce isn’t in the budget, clean your fresh fruits and vegetables with apple cider vinegar before eating.