13 Halloween Tips
Halloween is the sticky, smelly, spooky fun fall holiday. With this thrilling-themed day comes a few messes and challenges around the house. Don’t worry, vinegar can handle even the most bizarre and mysterious messes.
In the spirit of one of our favorite holidays, here are 13 tips you should be scared to live without.
1. Treat your skin after heavy Halloween makeup with a cotton ball dipped in apple cider vinegar. Rub it on your face and neck to restore your skin’s natural pH.
2. Chipped nails distract from your disguise. Before applying polish, wipe your clean nails with a cotton ball that has been dipped in vinegar. It removes the natural oils from your nails so the color can adhere better. It even prevents chipping!
3. Witches treat warts by covering them overnight with a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar.
4. Always wash new costumes before wearing. Eliminate manufacturing chemicals from new clothes by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the water.
5. There is nothing worse than a wilted pumpkin on Halloween! So, how do you keep your Jack-O-Lantern fresh? Mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 quart of water in a bowl. Then, brush the mixture over the carved surfaces of your pumpkin.
6. To keep frosting from sugaring, add a drop of white distilled vinegar. It will also help keep white frosting on ghostly sugar cookies shiny and prevent it from becoming discolored.
7. Cooking brains or boiling eye balls? Place a small bowl of vinegar next to the stove to absorb the odor next time you’re cooking something pungent.
8. Create your own seasonal, scented vinegar cleaner by soaking cinnamon sticks or essential oils in white distilled vinegar.
9. Make costume colors pop! Adding 1/2 cup of white distilled vinegar to the rinse cycle while washing will keep the colors bright.
10. Is your pet spooked by neighborhood sounds? Clean up pet accidents by first blotting up the area and then adding a white distilled vinegar-and-water solution. Blot until it is almost dry. Then sprinkle baking soda over the area and let it dry. Vacuum up the residue the next day.
11. Plan on canning apples to preserve their seasonal taste all winter? For best results, use fresh, blemish-free produce.
12. To remove sticky candy residue in the carpet, deep clean it with a potion made of white distilled vinegar, borax, and salt.
13. Has a friendly ghost left stickers on your car window? Dab the spot with white distilled vinegar. It will wipe the goo right off!