Avocado Caprese ToastFresh, flavorful, and so simple. This summer recipe is a go-to favorite!
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced and cut into pieces, to fit the bread
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- Cut the avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper, to taste. With a fork, mash the ingredients together, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly onto toasted bread slices. Top with fresh mozzarella slices, tomatoes, and basil. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.