Balsamic Caprese Pasta SaladFresh, light, and zesty. This is the salad your summer deserves.
Balsamic Caprese Pasta Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4+ servings
YOU WILL NEED:
• 4 cups uncooked penne
• 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, broken into bite-size pieces
• ¼ medium red onion (about 3 tbsp), chopped
• Handful grape tomatoes, halved
• 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
• Large handful fresh basil, torn
• Fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
• Salt & pepper, to taste
DIRECTIONS FOR BALSAMIC GLAZE:
1. Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients.
2. When the pasta is done, drain it and rinse it under cold water. Ensure it’s properly drained again before adding it to a large bowl.
3. Add the mozzarella, onion, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, basil, parsley, and salt & pepper to the bowl. Gently toss it. Adjust vinegar, oil, and seasonings as needed depending on how much dressing you like.