Easy Sloppy Joe’sIt’s easy to dig in and get messy with these simple Sloppy Joe’s!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Sandwich buns, split
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, combine beef and onion. Cook until the meat is mostly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour sauce ingredients over drained beef and stir until evenly coated. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in buns.