Pimento Cheese Queso DipThis snack for The Masters will be a hole-in-one!
Pimento Cheese Queso Dip
Total Time: 35 minutes with prep
Yields: 6 cups, serving size
• 1 stick of butter
• ½ large red onion, chopped
• 1½ tsp. minced garlic
• 1½ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. mustard powder
• ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
• ½ tsp. hot sauce
• 8 oz. cream cheese (light)
• 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
• Two 7 oz. jars of sliced pimentos
• Three 10 oz. blocks of cheddar cheese, grated
• 1 cup mayonnaise (light)
• 2 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
1. Place drained pimentos in a food processor (or blender) and puree until smooth. Mix together pimentos and grated cheese, then beat in the mayonnaise. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add in red onions, garlic, and salt–cook until translucent. Add in mustard powder, cayenne and hot sauce and mix well.
3. Reduce heat to medium heat. Add in cream cheese and mix until melted.
4. Add in the sour cream, Pimento Cheese Spread and the red wine vinegar. Mix well until heated through.
5. Move to a warmer for serving, and serve with tortilla chips.
This Masters snack is a hole in one!