Skewered Honey Balsamic ChickenSweet and savory, tender and tasty. Weeknight or tailgate go-to!
Skewered Honey Balsamic Chicken
Prep Time: 10 min (+2 hour to marinate)
Total Time: 15 min
Yields: 8 servings
• 5 chicken thighs; skinless, boneless
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tsp onion powder
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp ginger; grated
• 1 tbsp oil
• salt to taste
1. Cut chicken thighs into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. In a separate bowl, mix marinade and pour over chicken. Add salt to taste. Mix completely so that all chicken pieces are covered. Let marinate for 1-2 hours.
3. Drain and skewer a few chicken pieces on each bamboo skewer. Heat a non stick pan on med high until hot. Lower heat to med/ low and add a few skewers to the pan. Cook on one side for 3-5 minutes or until caramel brown. Turn over and cook second side until caramel brown. You will notice that as the chicken cooks, it first releases some liquid and then the liquid starts to caramelize. It will then coat the chicken.
4. Baste with extra honey, if desired, and serve. You can keep skewered chicken warm in a 200°F oven.