Stuffed ZucchiniSoak up the sun with this awesome summer side!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
YOU WILL NEED:
• 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
• 1 clove garlic, diced
• 1 small yellow onion, diced
• 8 oz. mushrooms, diced
• 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 3 tbsp. whole-wheat bread crumbs
• 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
• 2 zucchini, halved, seeds and pulp removed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. For stuffing: In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, heat 1 tsp. olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms soften—around 10 minutes. Remove from heat and mix with remaining 2 tsp. olive oil, vinegar, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
3.Spoon equal amounts of stuffing into each zucchini half. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes.